The Church of St. Ivan is first mentioned in a written document from the 15th century. During the 16th century, families in the city surrounded it with their homes, gradually developing a square. Still prominent in the northeastern corner of the square is the transom of the Skrivaneli home with that noble family’s coat of arms and the year 1561. Today, the square it is notable for its octagonal shape and Baroque appearance, which was has been preserved from the adaptation and expansion of the church in the 17th century 17th century. The construction around the square lasted until the 19th century, when the square was paved and the houses on the northern side were enlarged. One example of residential architecture from the end of the 19th century is the preserved home of the Dobrović family whose facade is emphasized by a stone door, a ceiling wreath, a window and a balcony with four consoles that mimic a Baroque solution and a cast iron railing decorated with newer stylistic elements.