Our Lady of Health Church was built in 1535 at the top of Racic hill. The hill itself offers a beautiful view of Jelsa’s valley and the Port. The church has been extended twice. The west wing and the steeple were built in 1863. Legend has it that the church's altar (Pala) was made by Palma il Giovane (the Younger, 1544 - 1628). Besides the altar there are two wooden statues from the 18th century as well as a very valuable icon from the 16th century in a Renaissance frame. Our Lady of Health is the patron saint of Jelsa and its surrounding villages, guarding against various illnesses. In honor of a centuries-long tradition the villagers from the central part of the Island gather together every year on November 21 to celebrate Holy Mass.